Fig Black Genoa
Fig Black Genoa
Fig Black Genoa is a fast-growing, medium sized deciduous tree. It will produce an abundance of delicious, excellent flavored, large dark-red fleshed fruit with purple-green coloured skin. These beautiful figs are a staple of any Mediterranean style or 'edible' garden and the fruit is best eaten still warm from the tree accompanied by soft cheeses or made into paste or jam, and can also be dried. Fig Black Genoa is a reliable, heavy cropper with two crops a year, 1 in early spring on the older wood and the main crop in late summer on the fresher growth. These trees are very productive and will start to bear fruit in their first summer. Does fig have a flower? Inside the rounded fruit of a fig tree is a maze of flowers. That is, a fig is not actually a fruit; it is an inflorescence—a cluster of many flowers and seeds contained inside a bulbous stem, and shaped like a pear. The leaves are large, palmate in shape and medium to light green in colour. Figs prefer hot dry summers and grow best in warm, sunny positions with well-draining neutral soil, but can also do well in cooler climates. Once established they are hardy and frost tolerant. Mulch well and keep the water up when fruiting. Fig Black Genoa is self-pollinating and the leading commercial variety for fresh fruit production in Australia. . Fig trees are most productive and best maintained by pruning back to a height of around 1-2 meters every winter. Trees can be kept in large pots as long as they are pruned annually.Fig Black Genoa is a fast-growing medium sized deciduous tree. It will produce an abundance of delicious excellent flavored large dark-red fleshed fruit with purple-green coloured skin. These beautiful figs are a staple of any Mediterranean style or 'edible' garden and the fruit is best eaten still warm from...
|Plant Type||Advanced Plants / Coastal / Deciduous / Fruiting / Perennial / Tree / Waterwise|
|Range||Giving Living Indoor Plants|
|Dimensions||3.5m high and 3m wide|
|Flowering Season||Spring / Summer|
|Foliage Type||Elliptic - Oval-shaped, Small Or No Point|
DISCLAIMER - The information provided on this website is to be used as a guide only. We do not recommend any one plant variety in preference to another nor do we claim to be an authority on stock performance. All information is believed to be correct and is the result of private enquiries and experiences and are given in good faith. Benara Nurseries gives notice that; Benara Nurseries, employees included, disclaim all responsibility for any harm, loss, cost or damage resulting from the use of, or reliance upon, the whole or part of any information contained on this website if any part of the information is inaccurate or incomplete. Photos are NOT of current stock and is displayed only for illustration purposes as a representation of the variety.
Pottery may be available for pick up from Carabooda or Forrestdale, but stock is not transferrable. If you are purchasing pottery as part of your order we will be in touch after you complete your order to confirm stock availability and pick up location.
Our Terms & Conditions have changed.
Please review our updated Terms & Conditions below:
It is agreed as follows:
- The Customer wishes to purchase Goods from Benara for re-supply to other persons as part of the Customer’s business or for business purposes.
- Benara agrees to supply Goods to the Customer upon and subject to the terms of this agreement and the Customer agrees that all Goods purchased from Benara shall be purchased pursuant to the terms of this agreement
- Benara’s 2008 General Conditions for Supply Agreement (General Conditions) shall be incorporated into and form part of this agreement so far as they are not varied by or inconsistent with the express terms of this agreement.
- The Customer and the Guarantor promise to Benara that they have read understood and agree to the General Conditions and without limitation give the authorisations and consents in relation to privacy contained therein.
- In consideration of Benara having agreed at the request of the Guarantor to enter into this agreement with the Customer and by this deed the Guarantor does (and if more than one jointly and severally) hereby guarantee to Benara the due and punctual performance by the Customer of its obligations under this agreement on the terms of the guarantee set out in the General Conditions and grants to Benara the indemnity and security set out in the General Conditions.
- The Customer and the Guarantor agree that in relation to any order or a combination of orders for the same or similar goods and/or services the Purchase Price of which exceeds $1,000, only the board of directors of Benara is authorised to make representations or give advice or engage in conduct of concerning or in any way relating thereto and then only in writing, and the Customer and the Guarantor promise to Benara that for the said orders they will not rely on any representation or conduct of any servant or agent of Benara as a representation or conduct of Benara, in deciding to purchase the said goods and/or services, and indemnify Benara as set out in the General Conditions.
Credit Card details
The Credit Card Holder hereby irrevocably authorises Benara to pay for all money owing by the Customer to Benara by charging the credit card specified or such other credit card as Credit Card Holder supplies to Benara and to pre-authorise payment up to the value of any order and warrants to Benara that the Credit Card will have sufficient credit or clear funds to pay for money that is due and payable by the Customer to Benara.